Ja’Marr Chase named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month for September
Former LSU and Archbishop Rummel star Ja’Marr Chase struggled in the preseason but the rookie has had no problems since the games that count began.
The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver has been named the NFL’s Offensive Rookie of the Month for September:
• Chase had 11 receptions and led all rookies with 220 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns in September.
• He is one of four players in the NFL with a touchdown reception in each of the first three weeks of the season and became the third rookie in NFL history with a touchdown reception of at least 25 yards in each of his first three career games.
• Chase joins quarterback Andy Dalton (October, 2011) and running back Corey Dillon (December, 1997) as the only Bengals to win Offensive Rookie of the Month.
• He joins Odell Beckham Jr. (November and December, 2014) and Eddie Kennison (October, 1996) as the only former LSU wide receivers to earn the honor.
Chase, the fifth overall pick in this past spring’s NFL Draft, has already managed to replicate the big pass play chemistry with former LSU quarterback Joe Burrow in Cincinnati that helped the Tigers win the 2019 national title and New Orleans area native win the Biletnikoff Award that season as college football’s top receiver.
- < PREV Latest renewal in Jesuit-Holy Cross football series airs Friday on Crescent City Sports, CST
- NEXT > Rummel-Shaw football rivalry to air live Saturday night on 106.1 FM
As a New Orleans-area native, Jude grew up a fan of all sports and teams in the area. It’s a passion for the games that brought him into the fields of sports broadcasting and journalism. Whether he’s informing, reporting or entertaining, Jude brings his own special flavor to the task at hand. This Jesuit High School and Loyola New Orleans…