As a New Orleans-area native, Jude grew up a fan of all sports and teams in the area. It’s a passion for the games that brought him into the fields of sports broadcasting and journalism. Whether he’s informing, reporting or entertaining, Jude brings his own special flavor to the task at hand.
This Jesuit High School and Loyola New Orleans graduate is not just a “sports guy.” He previously managed a locally-owned business before assisting the military in the metro area during the important post-Katrina recovery period. Plus, he served as the assistant news director for WGSO, 990am Radio including hosting hour-long news reports.
Jude has also hosted several WGSO sports shows after starting out as a reporter for Ken Trahan’s Original Prep Football Report. Shows currently on 990am that Jude helped to launch include Fantasy Frenzy (a fantasy sports analysis show) and Prep Plus (a high school sports feature program). Jude has served as a pregame show host for University of New Orleans athletics, color analyst for both UNO and Jesuit athletics, and play-by-play announcer for prep football, basketball and baseball games.
In 2011, Jude took on the role of ‘Voice of the Privateers’ as a broadcaster of UNO basketball and baseball games on radio and the internet. He also assists in IT matters for the Saints Hall of Fame and Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame.
Perhaps best described as a jack-of-all-trades and a master of sarcasm, Jude currently hosts The Jude Young Show, a topical sports show on WGSO during the station’s weeknight “Sports Block.”
Carrying over from his days helping to build NewOrleans.Com/Sports and SportsNOLA.com, Jude is a proud partner at Crescent City Sports Enterprises as we continue a tradition of local sports coverage.
Latest Articles by Jude
- Lakeshore wins again; River Ridge, Ponstein’s play to tie
- 11 LSU football players to study abroad in Senegal
- Bradford, Ward, Roy, Boutte, Bernard-Converse taken on final day of NFL Draft
- Saints select Minnesota safety Jordan Howden in 5th round
- Boys basketball coach Ben Young departs Salmen for Episcopal
- Ragin’ Cajuns corner Cowgirls for midweek win in Lake Charles
- NOLA Gold fall in tight battle with Seawolves
- Colonels’ Alvarez, Privateers’ Mitchell earn Southland Baseball Player of the Week nods
- Chris Dyson wins at NOLA, CD Racing repeats 1-2 finish
- Sam Landry collects Sun Belt Softball’s first Pitcher of the Week honor for 2023