Women’s Volleyball: Nuggets’ 2017 home matches will be streamed live
NEW ORLEANS — Xavier University of Louisiana will offer free live streaming of all home volleyball matches during the 2017 season via its official athletics website, xulagold.com and YouTube.
It will be the first time that XULA offers this service on a regular basis for this sport. XULA broadcast the Gold Nuggets’ home match with St. Francis (Ill.) in the 2016 NAIA National Championship Opening Round.
“Xavier is excited to provide live streaming of our home matches this season,” said Director of Athletics & Recreation Jason Horn. “This will be a valuable service for many of our constituents, especially family members of our student-athletes.”
Horn added, “From a broadcasting standpoint, the match against St. Francis was a success and a catalyst in helping us reach this point.”
The first streamed broadcast will be the Gold Nuggets’ 6 p.m. Friday match against city rival Loyola at the Convocation Center.
The schedule of streamed matches (all times Central):
• Sept. 1 (Fri.) vs. Loyola (N.O.), 6 p.m.
• Sept. 7 (Thu.) vs. Spring Hill, 6 p.m.
• Sept. 9 (Sat.) vs. Tougaloo, 1 p.m.
• Sept. 11 (Mon.) vs. Edward Waters, 6 p.m.
• Sept. 16 (Sat.) vs. Talladega, 1 p.m.
• Sept. 28 (Thu.) vs. Dillard, 6 p.m.
• Oct. 5 (Thu.) vs. William Carey, 6 p.m.
• Oct. 7 (Sat.) vs. Philander Smith, 1 p.m.
• Oct. 26 (Thu.) vs. SUNO, 6 p.m.
The Gold Nuggets’ home match against Mobile — which was postponed Tuesday due to Tropical Storm Harvey — will be streamed after a makeup date is secured.
- < PREV Nicholls hits 32-yard FG as time expires to beat McNeese, 37-35
- NEXT > Former Tulane catcher Jake Rogers dealt from Astros to Tigers in Verlander blockbuster