Tulane hosts LSU Halloween night in charity men’s basketball exhibition
NEW ORLEANS – The Tulane men’s basketball team will host LSU on Tuesday, October 31 at 7:30 p.m., at Avron B. Fogelman Arena in the Devlin Fieldhouse for a charity exhibition contest to benefit those impacted by the recent hurricanes.
General admission seating will apply for all fans with tickets priced at $5. All ticket sales as well as a portion of revenue from concessions will be donated to the American Red Cross.
The Green Wave and Tigers share a storied history dating back to the first meeting in 1911. The programs last faced off in 2008, when Tulane earned a 68-63 victory at the Smoothie King Center, but the last matchup at Fogelman in Devlin occurred nearly 43 years ago in December of 1974.
THE GREEN WAVE
Tulane returns three starters for the 2017-18 campaign, including redshirt senior and 2017 American Athletic Conference Most Improved Player of the Year Cameron Reynolds, who led the team in scoring (17.0 PPG) and rebounding (6.8 RPG) last season. Rising junior Melvin Frazier ranked first in the conference in steals per game (1.9) and second on the team in scoring (11.5 PPG), while rising sophomore Ray Ona Embo was named American Conference Rookie of the Week twice.
A silent auction featuring a long list of items donated by professional and college sports organizations will also be held inside the venue. Items include:
- Basketball signed by the NBA’s Golden State Warriors
- Jersey signed by 2017 NBA MVP Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder
- Basketball signed by New Orleans Pelicans all-star Anthony Davis
- Sneakers signed by Los Angeles Clippers all-star Blake Griffin
- Jersey signed by Los Angeles Clippers all-star DeAndre Jordan
- Pair of tickets to Tulane vs. LSU 2018 baseball game
- Tulane football helmet signed by head coach Willie Fritz
- Tulane women’s basketball mini ticket plan (includes UConn, LSU and one additional game)
- AND MORE!
FOR FAMILIES AND FANS
Numerous Halloween festivities for families and children will take place during the game, including:
- Pregame activities for kids in Pocket Park including games and more fun
- Season ticket “Select-A-Seat” inside Fogelman in Devlin
- Candy count contest
- Halftime youth costume parade
- Costume contest
AMERICAN RED CROSS OF LOUISIANA
Financial donations to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief help people affected by these devastating storms. Donations are used to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from disasters like hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Maria and Nate. This includes providing food, shelter, relief supplies, emotional support, recovery planning and other assistance as well as supporting the vehicles, warehouses, technology and people that make that help possible.
TULANE MEN’S BASKETBALL ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Be sure to follow Tulane men’s basketball (@GreenWaveMBB) on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date and get behind the scenes coverage of the program.
- < PREV Bears TE Zach Miller has emergency leg surgery after injury against Saints
- NEXT > NSU moves up kickoff to 4 p.m. for Saturday's home gamevs. Abilene Christian