Ross Anderson helps surging St. Louis Catholic take home spoils at Division II boys golf finals
LAFAYETTE – Ross Anderson of St. Louis Catholic claimed the individual title and his Saints team rallied in Tuesday’s final round to take the team title in Division II.
The Saints, who trailed tournament host Teurlings Catholic by six shots entering the final round, shot a 306 in Tuesday’s final round at the par-72 The Wetlands. That gave St. Louis a two-day 616 total and a two-stroke win over Teurlings.
Anderson, who had Monday’s low round with a two-under 70, added a 75 on Tuesday, and his 145 total was good enough for a three-stroke victory over Collin Duplechain of Teurlings (73-75—148). St. Louis’ George Trappey finished third at 149.
St. Thomas More finished third with a 628 score and had two top-five finishers. Zach Hardy and James Stonecipher both carded 150 totals to finish tied for fourth.
At The Wetlands-Lafayette
TEAM STANDINGS: 1. St. Louis Catholic 310-306—616. 2. Teurlings Catholic 304-314—618. 3. St. Thomas More 317-311—628. 4. Neville 338-335—673. 5. Holy Cross 365-347—712. 6. South Lafourche 367-376—743. 7. E. D. White 381-373—754. 8. Assumption 425-447—872
1. Ross Anderson, St. Louis 70-75—145
2. Collin Duplechain, Teurlings 73-75—148
3. George Trappey, St. Louis 71-78—149
4. Zach Hardy, St. Thomas More 76-74—150
t. James Stonecipher, STM 78-72—150
6. Dax Reaux, Teurlings 76-78—154
t. Alexander Walker, Caddo Magnet 79-75—154
t. Preston Giroir, Holy Cross 81-73—154
9. Jonathan Perry, St. Louis 83-72—155
t. Walt Sartor, Neville 79-76—155
11. Jude Bourque, STM 78-78—156
t. Stephen Faucheaux, Holy Cross 78-78—156
13. Cooper Edney, Teurlings 77-80—157
14. Cooper Ware, Teurlings 78-81—159
15. Cole Haase, Lutcher 80-84—164
- < PREV Pelicans turn lights out on Curry, Warriors late for win
- NEXT > Malcolm Butler ‘new’ Voice of the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs