Marshon Lattimore named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
BUCCANEERS QB TOM BRADY, SAINTS CB MARSHON LATTIMORE & EAGLES LB T.J. EDWARDS NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 5
Cornerback MARSHON LATTIMORE of the New Orleans Saints, quarterback TOM BRADY of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and linebacker T.J. EDWARDS of the Philadelphia Eagles are the NFC Offensive, Defensive, and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 5 (October 7, 10-11).
DEFENSE: CB MARSHON LATTIMORE, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
• Lattimore recorded a career-high six passes defensed in New Orleans’ 33-22 victory in Washington, the most passes defensed by a player in a single game since Kyle Fuller in 2017.
• This is Lattimore’s first-career Defensive Player of the Week award and he becomes the first Saints cornerback to earn the honor since P.J. Williams (Week 8, 2018).
• Lattimore is the first former Ohio State defensive back to earn the honor since Cleveland’s Denzel Ward (Week 5, 2018).
OFFENSE: QB TOM BRADY, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
• Brady completed 30 of 41 pass attempts (73.2 percent) for 411 yards and five touchdowns with zero interceptions for a 144.4 rating in Tampa Bay’s 45-17 victory over Miami. It marked the most touchdown passes and highest passer rating by any player in Week 5.
• Brady now has nine career games with at least five touchdown passes, tied with Pro Football Hall of Famer Peyton Manning (nine games) for the second-most such games in NFL history. Only Drew Brees (11 games) has more.
• This is Brady’s 32nd Offensive Player of the Week award, the most all-time, and second with Tampa Bay:
o 2001: Weeks 5, 11
o 2002: Weeks 1, 9
o 2003: Weeks 9, 17
o 2005: Week 5
o 2007: Weeks 3, 6-7, 14, 17
o 2009: Weeks 1, 6, 16
o 2010: Weeks 12-13
o 2011: Weeks 1-2, 16
o 2012: Weeks 4, 8, 14
o 2013: Week 12
o 2015: Week 8
o 2016: Weeks 5, 11
o 2017: Weeks 2-3, 10
o 2020 (with Tampa Bay): Week 4
o 2021 (with Tampa Bay): Week 5
SPECIAL TEAMS: LB T.J. EDWARDS, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
• Edwards blocked a punt in the fourth quarter to set up the go-ahead touchdown as Philadelphia overcame a 12-point deficit to defeat Carolina.
• This is Edwards’ first-career Special Teams Player of the Week award and he becomes the first Philadelphia player to earn the honor since punt returner Kenjon Barner (Week 5, 2017).
• He is the first former Wisconsin Badger to win Special Teams Player of the Week since safety Troy Vincent (with Washington in Week 9, 2006).
- < PREV Sam Mills to be inducted into New Orleans Saints Ring of Honor at halftime Thursday, Dec. 2
- NEXT > New Orleans native Ron Washington brings World Series experience to Atlanta Braves