Loyola, LSUA in latest NAIA Men’s Basketball Coaches Poll
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Indiana Wesleyan remained at No. 1 as undefeated LSU Shreveport (La.) continued its win streak in the fourth edition of the Top 25. William Penn (Iowa), Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) and Arizona Christian again rounded-out the top five.
Shawnee State (Ohio) and Faulkner (Ala.) also remained at No. 6 and No. 7 respectively while Stillman (Ala.) made the biggest jump of the week from No. 23 to No. 15. Jamestown (N.D.), Oklahoma Wesleyan, Warner (Fla.), William Jessup (Calif.) and Benedictine (Kan.) are the five new faces to the poll this week.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- Frequency of polls occur bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) beginning in the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click HERE.
2020-21 NAIA Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll No. 4 (February 10, 2021)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Indiana Wesleyan 15||26-1||586|
|2||2||LSU Shreveport (La.) 5||12-0||575|
|3||3||William Penn (Iowa) 1||17-1||555|
|4||4||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||12-1||520|
|6||6||Shawnee State (Ohio)||21-2||510|
|12||8||Science & Arts (Okla.)||11-2||383|
|19||21||LSU Alexandria (La.)||15-2||242|
|20||19||Texas A&M Texarkana||9-1||221|
|24||NR||William Jessup (Calif.)||7-2||132|
Dropped from the Top 25: Thomas More (Ky.), Dillard (La.), Point (Ga.), Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.), The Master’s (Calif.)
Others Receiving Votes: Xavier (La.) 115, Thomas More (Ky.) 79, Holy Cross (Ind.) 69, Carroll (Mont.) 68, Central Baptist (Ark.) 49, Northwestern (Iowa) 40, Dillard (La.) 37, Point (Ga.) 29, Park (Mo.) 23, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.) 22, Wayland Baptist (Texas) 22, Cumberlands (Ky.) 17, The Master’s (Calif.) 16, Saint Francis (Ind.) 14, Columbia (Mo.) 13, Grace (Ind.) 11, Valley City State (N.D.) 6, Texas Wesleyan 5, Cornerstone (Mich.) 5, Westmont (Calif.) 3.
- < PREV Clemson linebacker Mike Jones Jr. to transfer to LSU
- NEXT > Flashback: Faciane family proficient at collecting state baseball titles