Lange, Hess bring list of former LSU players in MLB 60-man roster pools up to 16
BATON ROUGE, La. – The Detroit Tigers this week added former LSU pitchers Alex Lange and Zack Hess to their 60-man player pool, increasing to 16 the number of LSU players on 2020 Major League Baseball rosters.
Fourteen former LSU Tigers appeared in MLB 60-man player pools when the rosters were first released earlier this month.
The 60-game regular-season schedule will start on July 23 and will conclude in late September. The postseason is slated to begin shortly after the regular season and is scheduled to conclude by November 1.
These are the former Tigers in the MLB 60-man player pools:
• Alex Bregman, Houston Astros
• Greg Deichmann, Oakland Athletics
• Jake Fraley, Seattle Mariners
• Kevin Gausman, San Francisco Giants
• Nick Goody, Texas Rangers
• Will Harris, Washington Nationals
• Zack Hess, Detroit Tigers
• JaCoby Jones, Detroit Tigers
• Alex Lange, Detroit Tigers
• DJ LeMahieu, New York Yankees
• Mikie Mahtook, Philadelphia Phillies
• Aaron Nola, Philadelphia Phillies
• Austin Nola, Seattle Mariners
• Michael Papierski, Houston Astros
• Riley Smith, Arizona Diamondbacks
• Andrew Stevenson, Washington Nationals
Lange, Hess, Deichmann, Papierski and Smith will have the opportunity this season to make their MLB career debuts. Each of the other former Tigers has MLB game experience.
- < PREV Saints receiver Michael Thomas chosen for Madden NFL 21 game's 99 Club
- NEXT > LSU, SEC commit to scholarships for student-athletes who choose not to play due to COVID-19 concerns