Justin Jefferson among NFL’s players of the month for November
NFC Players of the Month – November
VIKINGS WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON, 49ERS DL NICK BOSA & COMMANDERS K JOEY SLYE NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH FOR NOVEMBER
Wide receiver JUSTIN JEFFERSON of the Minnesota Vikings, defensive lineman NICK BOSA of the San Francisco 49ers and kicker JOEY SLYE of the Washington Commanders are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for the month of November.
OFFENSE: WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
• Jefferson recorded 29 catches, 480 receiving yards and three touchdown receptions in four games during the month of November, averaging 120 receiving yards per game from Weeks 9-12, the highest mark in the NFC. He was also the only NFC player to record at least 100 receiving yards in three games during the month
• This is the second Offensive Player of the Month award for Jefferson, also winning in November, 2021. He joins quarterback Daunte Culpepper and running back Adrian Peterson as the only Vikings to ever earn the honor twice.
• He remains the only player ever from LSU to win an Offensive Player of the Month award. With Tampa Bay linebacker Devin White earning NFC Defensive Player of the Month honors in September, this is the first season in which two former LSU players are named a Player of the Month in the same season.
DEFENSE: DL NICK BOSA, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
• Bosa totaled 10 tackles, five tackles for loss and three sacks in November and was part of a 49ers defense that held their opponent to 16 or fewer points in each of their three games during the month. He is one of two NFC players to record a sack in each game from Weeks 10-12.
• This is the second Defensive Player of the Month award for Bosa, also winning as a rookie in October, 2019. He becomes the second 49er ever to earn multiple Defensive Player of the Month honors, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer Charles Haley.
• Bosa becomes the first-ever player from Ohio State to win two Player of the Month awards. At least one former Buckeye has been named Player of the Month in each of the past four seasons.
SPECIAL TEAMS: P JOEY SLYE, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
• Slye converted all 10 of his field goal attempts from Weeks 9-12, including six from at least 40 yards and two from at least 50. He also connected on seven of eight point after attempts and totaled 37 points during the month, the most among all NFC kickers.
• This is the first-career Special Teams Player of the Month award for Slye and he becomes the second-ever Washington kicker to earn the honor, joining Dustin Hopkins (September, 2016).
• He is the second former Virginia Tech kicker to be named Special Teams Player of the Month, joining Shayne Graham (October, 2014).
AFC Players of the Month – November
CHIEFS QB PATRICK MAHOMES, CHARGERS S DERWIN JAMES & BILLS K TYLER BASS NAMED AFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH FOR NOVEMBER
Quarterback PATRICK MAHOMES of the Kansas City Chiefs, safety DERWIN JAMES of the Los Angeles Chargers and kicker TYLER BASS of the Buffalo Bills are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for the month of November.
OFFENSE: QB PATRICK MAHOMES, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
• Mahomes led the NFL in completions (116), passing yards (1,426) and touchdown passes (nine) from Weeks 9-12, helping the Chiefs go 4-0. He also added 161 rushing yards and a touchdown.
• Mahomes, who passed for over 300 yards in each game this month, has 38 games with at least 300 passing yards in his first six seasons and surpassed Pro Football Hall of Famer Dan Marino (37 games) for the most such games by a player in his first seven seasons in NFL history.
• This is the fifth Offensive Player of the Month award for Mahomes, tied with Drew Brees (five) for the fourth-most by a quarterback since 2000. Only Tom Brady (11), Aaron Rodgers (10) and Pro Football Hall of Famer Peyton Manning (eight) have more in that timeframe.
o 2018: September
o 2019: September
o 2020: November
o 2021: December
o 2022: November
• Mahomes is the only player to earn a Player of the Month award in each of the past five seasons and his five Player of the Month awards are the most in franchise history.
DEFENSE: S DERWIN JAMES, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
• James led all defensive backs with 37 tackles and added two sacks, two forced fumbles and one interception during November. He was the only player to record at least 30 tackles, two forced fumbles and one interception during the month.
• This is the first Defensive Player of the Month award for James and he is the first Chargers player to win the award since cornerback Casey Heyward (December, 2009).
• James is the third former Florida State defensive back to earn the award, joining Antonio Cromartie (December, 2007) and Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders (November, 1993).
SPECIAL TEAMS: K TYLER BASS, BUFFALO BILLS
• Bass totaled a league-best 44 points, including a league-high 12 made field goals, over the last month. He was the only kicker to connect on six fields of at least 40 yards, including going five for five on 40-yard attempts.
• This is the second Special Teams Player of the Month award for Bass (October, 2021) and joins Brian Moorman (three-time winner) and Steve Christie (two-time) as the only Bills players to win the award multiple times.
• He is the third player to earn the honor from Georgia Southern (Rob Bironas and Younghoe Koo) and the only two-time winner.
- < PREV Coaches Division II - District 8 All-District Volleyball Team
- NEXT > NFL announces Packers WR Watson, Lions DE Hutchinson as rookies of the month for Novermber 2022