Incorporating spaghetti squash into any meal of the day
Who ever said that spaghetti squash was only allowed at dinner? We’ve rounded up three delicious recipes that show how you could incorporate spaghetti squash during each meal of the day. Of course, we don’t expect anyone to make these three recipes all in the same day, but spreading them out throughout the month could lead to some delicious meals! Start with a spaghetti squash base and mix things up with eggs, rosemary, or bean sprouts. Read below for photos and recipes:
Roasting Spaghetti Squash
Follow the directions below to begin roasting the spaghetti squash you’ll use for your base in the following recipes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut your spaghetti squash length wise. (This can be quite the feat. Make sure your knife is sharp and you have a large, safe area to do your cutting.)
- Remove any seeds and pulp from the inside of your squash.
- On a baking sheet, lay your squash face up and drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Flip your squash over. Roast the squash, face down, for about 45 minutes. (Your squash is finished when you can puncture the backside with a fork.)
Low-Carb Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Nests
Spaghetti squash… for breakfast? This recipe may come as a surprise. Try mixing up your usual eggs and toast routine by adding squash into the first meal of your day.
Ingredients include: eggs, marinara sauce, and optional bacon slices, cheese, and/or avacado
Find the recipe here.
- < PREV Volleyball: Haynes continues win streak, outlasting Riverside Academy
- NEXT > Pelicans waive Emeka Okafor
Michelle Oubre is a lifelong resident of Louisiana where she resides with her husband and three children. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from Southeastern Louisiana University. She taught school for five years and phased into the wellness industry after staying home with her three children. Michelle started her fitness career by franchising a Jazzercise which led her…