Gold Rush climb to 25th in NAIA coaches poll
NEW ORLEANS — Xavier University of Louisiana men’s basketball is No. 25 in the first NAIA coaches poll of the regular season.
The NAIA announced the rankings Wednesday. Next rankings: Nov. 30.
The ranked teams’ records reflect games through Sunday. XULA was 3-0 at that time, then the Gold Rush moved to 4-0 Tuesday after a 67-49 victory against NCAA Division II Johnson C. Smith in the Boost Mobile Chris Paul HBCU Tip Off at Uncasville, Conn.
The Gold Rush were 33rd in the preseason poll. This is XULA’s first top-25 appearance since Jan. 12 of last season, when it was 19th.
Arizona Christian is No. 1 for the second consecutive poll.
XULA’s next five competitions will be:
• 3:30 p.m. EST Wednesday vs. NCAA Division II Virginia Union in the HBCU Tip Off.
• 7:30 p.m. Monday at city rival Dillard.
• 7:30 p.m. Nov. 28 at XULA’s Convocation Center against Louisiana Christian — the Red River Athletic Conference opener for both teams.
• 4 p.m. MST Dec. 3 at Southwest (Hobbs, N.M.)
• 7:30 p.m. Dec. 15 at Our Lady of the Lake (San Antonio, Texas).
- < PREV Allen: Dalton to remain Saints starting QB vs. Rams
- NEXT > Panthers defeat Gold Rush in HBCU Tip Off title game