Free admission for UNO-LSU exhibition baseball October 27
BATON ROUGE, La. – Admission is free for LSU’s baseball exhibition game versus the University of New Orleans on Sunday, October 27, at Alex Box Stadium, Skip Bertman Field. First pitch for the contest is set for 3 p.m. CT.
The game is the first of two exhibition contests during the Tigers’ fall practice period, which began on September 29 and has featured several intra-squad scrimmages. LSU will also meet Nicholls at 1 p.m. CT on Sunday, November 3, at Ray Didier Field in Thibodaux, La.
For the home game versus UNO on October 27, LSU’s clear bag policy will be in effect at the stadium entrances, and seating will be available in the covered grandstand areas – seating will not be permitted down the outfield lines or in the outfield bleachers. Concessions will be available for sale, and restrooms will be open for the comfort and convenience of fans.
Parking is free in the Alex Box Stadium lots, and the gates to the stadium will open at 2 p.m. CT.
The game will be modified to allow the teams to best utilize their pitching staffs. Here are the specifications of which fans should be aware:
• The game will consist of 14 full innings – LSU is the home team and will bat in the bottom of the 14th, no matter the score
• Each half-inning will either consist of three outs or 20 pitches (with UNO pitching) or 25 pitches (with LSU pitching), whichever comes first … if a pitcher reaches the 20-pitch or 25-pitch mark while an at-bat is still in progress, the at-bat will continue through its completion
• LSU plans to throw each of its 14 healthy pitchers for one inning each
Fans should also take note of a NCAA rule that will be in effect next Sunday and during the 2020 regular season:
• The 20-second pitch clock now applies for all pitches, including those with runners on base. Previously, the pitch clock was only utilized when the bases were empty.
LSU opens its 2020 regular season at 7 p.m. CT on Friday, February 14, versus Indiana in Alex Box Stadium, Skip Bertman Field.
- < PREV Report: Zion Williamson to miss "weeks" with right knee injury
- NEXT > Swimming: Results from the West District Championship Meet