Brown, Georgia Southern clip Cajuns in SBC contest, 103-86
Louisiana will host Georgia State in nationally-televised game on Friday
LAFAYETTE – Tookie Brown scored 32 points and led four players in double figures as Georgia Southern shot 54 percent from the floor and defeated the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns, 103-86, in a Sun Belt Conference game on Wednesday at the Cajundome.
Quan Jackson added 23 points while David-Lee Jones, Jr., came off the bench to score 15 as Georgia Southern (14-9, 6-4 SBC) finished 35-for-65 (53.8 percent) from the floor while making 10 of 15 3-pointers. Louisiana, which led by JaKeenan Gant’s 23 points, dropped its third straight game and fell to 13-10 overall and 4-6 in the Sun Belt Conference.
Georgia Southern used a 15-2 run early in the first half to take a 19-8 lead on a putback by Simeon Carter with 14:32 left. The Eagles pushed their lead to 31-14 on a layup by Isaiah Crawley with 9:34 remaining in the half.
Louisiana closed to within 33-27 in a 3-pointer by Gant with 6:00 remaining in the first half before a bucket by Crawley and four straight points from Brown gave Georgia Southern a 39-27 lead.
Marcus Stroman added 16 points and eight rebounds for Louisiana, which finished 30-for-62 (48.4 percent) from the floor. Cedric Russell chipped in with 13 points for the Ragin’ Cajuns with Trajan Wesley and Jerekius Davis adding 10 points each.
Louisiana will return to action on Friday when it plays host to Georgia State in a nationally-televised contest at the Cajundome. Tipoff is scheduled for 8 p.m., and will be televised live on ESPN2.
SEASON TICKETS AVAILABLE
• Season tickets, beginning at $100, are available online at RaginCajuns.com using Account Manager, or by calling the Louisiana Athletics Ticket Office at (337) 265-2357.
• All current UL faculty and staff, along with recent graduates (within the last five years), can purchase season tickets at a 50-percent discount to cheer on the Ragin’ Cajuns during the 2018-19 season at the Cajundome.
• The special package will allow recent graduates of Louisiana to purchase tickets in sections 101-103. Discounts will be applied upon confirmation of graduate status by the Louisiana Athletics Ticket Office.
GET YOUR PASSPORT
• The game against Southern is part of the “Louisiana Passport,” which will recognize Ragin’ Cajuns fans who attend all eight of Louisiana’s scheduled games against in-state opponents during the 2018-19 season.
• Each game, beginning with the Ragin’ Cajuns Nov. 28 game at New Orleans, fans will get their passport stamped at a location to be determined. In-state games for the Ragin’ Cajuns include home games against Southern (Dec. 1), Loyola (Dec. 5), Louisiana Tech (Dec. 15) and ULM (Feb. 16), with additional road games slated against McNeese State (Dec. 18), Southeastern Louisiana (Dec. 29) and ULM (Jan. 19).
• At Louisiana’s game against ULM at the Cajundome on Feb. 16, those who have a completed passport with eight stamps will be recognized on the court at some point during the game.
• For more information on tickets, contact the Louisiana Athletics Ticket Office at (337) 265-2357. For information concerning parking, contact the RCAF at (337) 851-2903.
CAJUNS CARE TICKET INITIATIVE
• Help Louisiana Athletics continue to give back! After a successful start during the 2018 football season, the Cajuns Care program will allow Ragin’ Cajuns fans the opportunity to purchase Louisiana men’s basketball season tickets for $20.
• Tickets purchased through the Cajuns Care program will be donated to local charitable and philanthropic initiatives, including Boys & Girls Club of Acadiana, the United Way and area military servicemen and servicewomen.
• Fans and supporters of Louisiana men’s basketball can find the option to purchase Cajuns Care season tickets online, by calling the Louisiana Athletics Ticket Office at the Cajundome (337-265-2357) or visiting in-person.
Follow the Ragin’ Cajuns on Twitter (@RaginCajunsMBB), Facebook (RaginCajunsMBB) or Instagram (@RaginCajunsMBB) to stay up-to-date on all that is happening with Louisiana Men’s Basketball.
- < PREV Wizards trade Markieff Morris to Pelicans for Wesley Johnson, second round pick
- NEXT > Naz Reid scores 29 in No. 21 LSU's overtime win at Mississippi State