Lenny was involved in college athletics starting in the early 1980s, when he began working Tulane University sporting events while still attending Archbishop Rummel High School. He continued that relationship as a student at Loyola University, where he graduated in 1987.
For the next 11 years, Vangilder worked in the sports information offices at Southwestern Louisiana (now UL-Lafayette) and Tulane; He still works in television production of many college sporting events and served briefly as managing editor of New Orleans Metro Sports Magazine.
Lenny also served for 11 years on the management team at Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans.
Vangilder has won 10 national and more than 20 state awards for his publications and writing.
Currently, Lenny coordinates sales efforts for CCS while providing written contributions and broadcast production skills.
Vangilder lives in Kenner with his wife Kristi and their two children.
Latest Articles by Lenny
- Tulane-LSU matchup tops storylines of four state schools in NCAA baseball tournament
- Crescent City Sports Prep Summer League opens Tuesday with rematch of state title game
- Three Louisiana schools in NCAA baseball field; can Cajuns make it four?
- Video: Prograis back home for title fight next month at SKC
- Louisiana teams go into conference tournaments with hopes of playing into next week
- Delgado draws seventh seed in JUCO World Series
- Video: Brother Martin’s Catalinotto is perfect in city bowling tournament
- DB Andre Sam to transfer to LSU
- Rummel-Jesuit final brings back memories of two past title matchups
- Saints schedule preview: Which games on 2023 slate will get featured?